Solomon Islands dive expedition, April 2019
We’ve been five times before, and can’t wait to return. The Solomon Islands—situated east of Papua New Guinea, northeast of Australia and west of Fiji—boasts outstanding biodiversity and a range of diving that’s hard to beat. With over a hundred islands covered in lush tropical jungle, the archipelago offers sheltered anchorages with stunning landscapes, rich history, and beautiful people. You’ll be aboard Bilikiki, which pioneered liveaboard diving in the Solomon Islands.
Highlights reel from our previous trip
World Class Diving
The waters give you an outstanding mix of world-class diving: healthy hard coral reefs, sheer walls with enormous fans, caverns and caves, current-swept passages, muck sites with their bizarre critters, bommies teeming with brilliant tropical fish, pelagics, plus WWII and modern wrecks. All this in toasty warm waters with great viz and minimal dive tourism—so you’ll have the sites to yourselves. Spending two weeks at sea means there’s enough time for you to explore all three of main island groups: Florida Islands, Russell Islands, and Marovo Lagoon in the New Georgia Group. With nearly 30 years of dive experience in the region’s waters, the Bilikiki crew have discovered countless gems to show you, these are just a few:
13-27 April 2019 (dates which make for a tidy 2-week holiday from work) 14 nights onboard, 13 diving days
The excellent Bilikiki, a very fine liveaboard that has worked the region for nearly 30 years.
US $7840 per person 40% deposit to secure your space onboard. The balance is due by 13 November 2018 (5 months prior to departure).
- 14 nights onboard accommodation
- Unlimited diving
- Hotel or airport transfers in Honiara on boarding and disembarking dates
- Meals while onboard: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
- Non-alcoholic drinks while onboard: coffee, hot chocolate, fresh lemonade, assorted teas
- Tanks, weight belts, weights, safety sausage
- Village excursions during the charter
- Help with your camera, photo/video technique, and image editing, as required
- US$25/day government tax
- Hotel accommodation, if required
- Soda and alcoholic drinks
- Personal onboard purchases, e.g.: souvenirs
- Nitrox fills (32% mix), US$20 per diving day
- Crew gratuities