Our content (text, videos, photographs) is copyright © 2006-2021 Undersea Productions. All rights reserved worldwide.
Undersea Productions’ images are meant to be seen and enjoyed. Our image usage policies are thus designed to balance the considerable costs that go into creating our images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world.
Any redistribution or reproduction of our images (photo or video; whether watermarked with our logo or not) is allowed in one of two ways:
- Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License, or
- Commercial Use License
Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License
You can freely copy, share, distribute and transmit our images if all of these conditions are met:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit to Undersea Productions, and provide a link back to this website. The attribution may be done in any reasonable manner, but not in a way that suggests that we endorse you or your use.
- Strictly Non-Commercial — You cannot use our images for any commercial purposes. ‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly: any use of an image to sell or promote a product, service, or idea. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image, nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
- No Derivatives — If you crop [e.g.: remove our logo or watermark], re-edit, transform, or build upon our images, then you cannot publish, share or distribute the modified material.
Examples of acceptable use of the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License:
- Post on a personal blog describing scuba diving
- A website for a school project about coral reefs
- An individual using a shipwreck photograph as a desktop background on their personal home computer monitor
Commercial Use License
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly: any use of an image to sell or promote a product, service, or idea. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image, nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Undersea Productions. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee.
Examples of image use requiring a Commercial Use License:
- An article on an income-generating blog or news site
- An advertisement for a commercial entity
- A PSA for a non-profit organisation
- A background image for a commercial website
- Creating a print for use in a private home
- Video used to demo a 4K display or camera
Unauthorised Image Use
We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted here for breach of these terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.